The Springboard International team helps organizations align their systems to get and maintain a competitive edge. In addition to supporting leadership and other people development initiatives and facilitating collaborative strategic planning, organizations often have identified process challenges that need to be addressed.
Within the organization, we first identify a group of internal stakeholders who together share a holistic view across the organization. These internal stakeholders identify a specific process that is causing challenges within the organization, by asking the following questions:
- Where within your organization are there too many work cycles? Where things are being done repetitively rather than efficiently?
- Where is there variance or inconsistency in how something is being done? Can you identify areas or processes where different people are getting something done in different ways, rather than using some systematic or consistent process?
Often, an organizational assessment or interviews with a cross-section of employees can help identify a process that needs improvement.
Our facilitators then work collaboratively with the internal employee team and facilitate a structured, real-time process improvement model that breaks down the current process and then rebuilds it with improvements. The internal team can clearly validate each step and present a compelling business case to the leadership team for the improvements recommended.
The impact of this process improvement methodology is quick and decisive. By involving a cross-section of employees, diagnosing the right organizational process challenge, and then facilitating the team through our process improvement methodology, the team identifies the weak points or repetitive cycles and then constructs a new model for operating.
The results of a facilitated process improvement team are dramatic, and include:
- Improved capacity for the organization
- Shorter cycle times
- Improved employee morale
- Improved customer loyalty
- Quicker time to market or to project completion
- Greater productivity